Wednesday, February 8, 2012

How Much Wood?

Everything I did today killed trees.  I started out getting rid of all these little bits of paper on which I'd written a variety of information that I just thought I needed to keep.  This was an accumulation since last October! 

I was getting so tired of sifting through these things so decided I would type everything into Word files.  I had a dozen topics--Music, Blogs, Websites, Books, Crafts, Recipes, Computer, Fonts, Goodwill Locations, etc.--As I typed the information into the correct Word file, I put the slips of paper in a box to burn, so they will be used to help start the fire in the morning.

I was doing this while I was waiting for the firewood I had ordered a month ago to be delivered.  The wind had been blowing hard all morning, so my path had drifted shut and I had to dig it out again.  Not nearly as neat as the first time!
When I got to my car, I saw that the man who I had heard playing around with the road grader this morning (He sounded as if he was having way too much fun.  I could almost hear him making little boy engine noises.) had shoved this snow right up in front of my car.  This stuff was like rocks.


 So I threw it back out in the road and felt better.
 
As soon as I knew I could get my car out so the truck with my firewood could get in, I started digging out an area behind my car for the wood.  I was just finishing up with the wood arrived.










That's $260 of firewood.  The last cord lasted about three months, so hopefully this will get me into May.

What did you chuck today?  Teddee





No comments:

Post a Comment