Monday, March 26, 2012

Winds Have Returned

We've been blessedly free of wind for several days.  I've even lost track.  But it came back with a vengeance this afternoon.  NOAA predicts gusts as high as 55-60 mph right on through tonight.  But it's warm, about 52F degrees and sunny.  I washed dishes this morning--my usual major project because I had put it off--then I cleaned up and shampooed and took Dixie to get the mail (still no check from Sears), return a book to the library and pick one up they were holding for me (a Walter Mosley thriller), get water and groceries.  I tried to get a shot of the wind blowing the stream of water.  It's just starting to bend a little here.  It made it more difficult to fill the jugs.


When we got back, my neighbors, who have been gone for weeks, were back and obviously unpacking camping gear.  When I first moved here, they felt obligated to tell me every time they left town.  I guess they've decided after two winters here, I no longer require a heads up.  I'll have to find out what fun place they went.  They were gone for weeks to Antarctica around Thanksgiving.  I think last year about this time of  year they went to Big Bend National Park in Texas.  They look very tan.

Dixie stayed in the car while I unloaded and still showed no interest in getting out when I was finished, so I just left her in the back seat with the door open.  I was concerned with the winds this high the door might blow shut, so was checking on her regularly and looked out a bit ago and the door was shut.  I went out there to open it and when I did she was gone.  I guess her owner's boyfriend must have come by and picked her up.  With temperatures getting warmer, I'll have to start  putting something in the door so it doesn't shut with her in the car.

OK.  Here are some photos of some of the things I bought yesterday at the Golden Community Garage Sale.


I left the price tags on things intentionally.  Obviously the white basket was 50 cents.  The clock chair is a plant pot holder I think, but I can see various uses for it.   It was $2.50.  The two little white buckets were 50 cents each.  The balls of yard were unmarked and I paid $1 for the lot.  The linen dish towel, the big winner, was $2.  Here's a close-up of it:


This is one of my favorite colors and the towel is in pristine condition.  My friend Cindy in Phoenix commented once when shopping with me that I color-coded my shopping cart.  Looks as if I did it again!

I almost missed these neat boxes... 

I had found the sale so unfulfilling I thought I'd go back around clockwise and see if possibly I'd missed something or if they were still putting stuff out, although that didn't appear to be the case as it had been at past sales.  And here were these boxes.  I got all three for $4.  They had been individually priced at whatever retail outlet at which they'd been purchased.  The tag on the large box was obliterated but the small box was priced at...

and the medium at...

 
What do you suppose they were asking for the large one?  They seem pricey.   

I also got a whole bunch of these clear glass ornaments...

They came in two boxes like this...


There are about 30 of these and I especially like the three large blown-glass globes with the glass loop incorporated as part of the ornament.  


That's it for today.  Were you able to find the beautiful in the everyday recently?  Teddee




No comments:

Post a Comment