Sunday, March 18, 2012

Spoke Too Soon

My elation yesterday was premature when I thought the expected worst case scenario had not occurred and the IRA, oops Freudian slip, IRS had not continued to deduct monthly payments for my 2010 taxes following their taking the balance owed out of my 2011 refund.
 

Photo of facade of IRS headquarters in Washington, D.C., courtesy of FotoSearch.


They did, in fact, help themselves to the March monthly payment as well.

Maybe I'm paying for these lovely flowers...

 Photo by John Elswick, AP, on USA Today on-line 1/9/12
 
I called H&R Block today and they told me I could come to their office tomorrow and they would pay for the call if I wanted to try calling again.  I'm going to drive to Boulder and do so even if both the H&R Block representative and I think it won't do any good and I'll just have to wait until it dawns on someone at the IRS that they have wrongly deducted the payment and refund it...or not.

Photo of IRS headquarters sign, Washington, D.C., courtesy of Los Angeles Times/Business/Money & Company, on-line 4/12/11

I suppose now the worst case scenario will be if they continue taking it out month after month despite the fact that it appears in their computers that they have discontinued doing so.  Hmm.  I wonder if I can contact my bank and stop it from that end?  I don't give up easily.  Are you effective at taking on the bureaucracy?  Teddee


No comments:

Post a Comment