Monday, March 19, 2012

What Is That Piece For?

Peyton Manning is coming to Denver?!  Just heard that on KUVO which I stream most of the time.  Digressing again.  I'm getting ready to go to Boulder to hang around and try to talk to the IRS about their double dipping, so this is going to be quick.


Some time back...I think it was the last 50% off Saturday I attended at Goodwill in Boulder...I found this beverage dispenser.  Since I have no running water and carry water from the spring in the next valley...


...I usually just dispense my water from the jugs into which I catch the water. 



I thought the new dispenser shown at the top of the blog might look a little nicer and would take up less space on the wash stand.

I took the photo at the top when I was washing it the other day when the weather was nice enough to do dishes outside.

As I took it apart to wash it, I discovered this one piece for which I see no purpose.  I'll post the photo again...



Obviously the cone-shaped piece holds ice, which will be nice here in the summer since we have no refrigerator and some people really don't like room temperature water.  I personally don't mind it, but I thought this was an added benefit.  Then there is the primary lid and the smaller lid that enables direct access to the ice container.

I don't understand the bowl-shaped piece on the right, however.  It sits down inside the main container. Does it have something to do with keeping an air lock from forming?  I know with the large jugs I have I must loosen the lids in order for the water to dispense.

Any ideas?  Teddee

No comments:

Post a Comment