Friday, March 9, 2012

Signs of Spring

I'm letting my hair grow, but went to Boulder today for a hair cut.  Only another woman would understand.  My last hair cut was before Christmas and I've been coping by wearing my beret.  Here is my goal.  The hair style only, the rest is well out of reach.  Sorry, I failed to note the source for this photo when I printed it off for my hairdresser.


I have been wearing my hair very short for some time.  The last several years I worked I found I could sleep an hour later if I could just shampoo and go, but depending on who was cutting my hair and how much visiting we did during the process I sometimes looked as if I were having a gender identity crisis.  So I'm ready for a change.  My current hairdresser says it should be this length by the end of summer.  If you live in the Boulder area or visit here and need a really great cut, make an appointment with Cathy Bentley at Rumours Hair Studio 303-444-7797.

Coming home, I spotted some university students who had dragged their chairs out on the roof of their house on Arapaho and looked as if they were looking forward to a little TGIF in the 60F-degree afternoon.  Boy, that brought back memories of campus in spring.

Yesterday it was warm enough here in the mountains that I did dishes on the deck.

Black dog, who preferred lounging in the snow, was keeping me company.  I wonder if he might be part Spitz.  I'm calling him Macho Macho.  He has way too much testosterone.  Perhaps if I found out his real name he might lose some of the attitude.


I really look forward to being able to do dishes and shampoo outside when the weather warms up.  It's like having another room.  Lots of counter space...



























Rumours is just around the corner from Salvation Army so after my hair cut I had to stop in to see what was new.  Someone or some place very exotic must have donated some things.  I loved this French Empire-looking table or stool with its Egyptian influence. One of the stretchers had come loose and there was some damage to the wood, but it could have been repaired easily if one had just wanted to use it for a table.  They had priced it at $15.  I was tempted.

 Then there was this interesting lamp.  I would have loved to have seen it illuminated.  $4 price tag.


I really liked these two baskets.  I liked the color of the large one, but it was huge and would really have taken up a lot of space.  The small one had a green tone that didn't appeal to me.  I forgot to check the prices, but it looks as if the large one was $12.


I took this photo of this candle stand because I thought it was proof that all of this merchandise came from the same source.  Probably a shop named Timbuktu, like the one I'd love to have, that was going out of business in this economy!  I didn't get the price.


Poor Dixie had been waiting outside all afternoon for me to return instead of making her way back to her own home.  She was chilled, so I brought her in, turned the electric blanket on and put her on the bunk.  We were both happy. 























How did your Friday go?  Teddee


No comments:

Post a Comment