Wednesday, May 9, 2012

What a Difference a Day Makes

By yesterday afternoon, this was all that was left of the previous day's snow...






























I took these this morning, but with our overnight low, things hadn't changed that much from late yesterday afternoon.  So, it's all clear for right now.  


In fact, there isn't a cloud in the sky, the sun is shining brightly and temps should be in the low 60F degrees today.  NOAA has revised the high for tomorrow down to 66F degrees from 69F degrees, however, and a 40%-50% chance of rain/snow is being predicted for Friday and Saturday.  With a low of 29F degrees predicted for Saturday night, plain old snow is on the menu again.


I heard my first hummingbird this morning!  I've e-mailed the ecology center in Nederland to find out, based on the above weather forecast, whether I should wait to put my feeders out.  I expect the answer to be "yes," but it's tempting.


I'd been waiting for the fox and she just came to be fed.  She's starting to look a little better, I think...

































Hmm! Hmm!  Kibble and egg...


Gotta clean my face...



















Resting...






















You can see what a chunk something has taken out of her tail about midway up.  I wonder if the fur will ever grow back?   I think the ear split is old.


I put Dixie in the cabin while the fox is here and I praise Dixie to high heaven when she comes on command to leave the fox alone and come in.  She seems to be getting it.  I tell her she's my best girl to go against her nature.  We haven't seen nearly as much of Apollo.  He came one day last week with a blue harness on and a plastic-encased note attached, "Please don't feed me. Thx."  So, he's not getting any hand-outs and I'm trying to bring the fox's food back in as soon as she's finished so he doesn't get that.  He was really packing on the weight.  Was the original Apollo Creed a heavyweight?


Teddee

No comments:

Post a Comment