Friday, May 11, 2012

One More Time

I really am not recycling the snow photos from earlier in the week.  This is what the sky looked like in the west at dusk last night...























It rained pretty intensely for a bit about 1 a.m. this morning and it was very overcast when I got up.  Dixie and Jimmy didn't show and I assumed they were being kept inside.  This enabled me finally to escape to Boulder to do laundry without having to worry either about taking Dixie along or leaving her behind.  It rained right down again, just briefly, while I was in the laundromat and it was generally cold and unpleasant in Boulder.  The Denver Post on line had reported it might be colder down than in the mountains and it felt it.  After I finished the laundry, which I'd allowed to accumulated to overwhelming levels as usual, I went to Noodles & Co. for chicken noodle soup and it really was as good as mine and hit the spot. 

I stopped at Office Depot to get ink cartridges for my Kodak printer and one of the clerks, who asked if she could assist, was nice enough to point out in a sale bin a Kodak Ink Multipack, containing two color cartridges and one black cartridge plus Design Gallery Software, whatever that is, for $20.00, originally $50.99!  She said she assumed they were no longer going to carry this item and that was why it was on sale.  Such a deal. 

I stopped in Nederland to get a broasted chicken, but they were out and I had to get chicken tenders.  When I got home, both Dixie and Vixen were waiting in the yard for me!  I don't know how long the fox had been hanging around, but she seems to be getting very comfortable with Dixie.  Dixie ran up to the car and greeted me lavishly when I opened the door and Vixen came right up to be fed.  It was all very Eden-like until Apollo barged in and chased Vixen away so I had to show him the broom.  I told him he was ruining the mood, I didn't want him chasing the fox and if he didn't quit I was going to string up a piece of wire just about 1.5 feet off the ground right along the east side of my property.  I finally got him to go home, fixed Vixen's bowl and stood out there with the broom spotting for her until she finished. 

It started to snow just as I arrived at the Nederland "city" limits and it's snowing right down still.  I took these right after I got the livestock fed...


The forecast was for up to three inches.  We'll see.  Teddee

No comments:

Post a Comment