Saturday, May 19, 2012

To the Salon

No, I'm not having my hair done although, since I'm growing it out, it is driving me crazy and I'd love to.  I'm on my way to a free Literary Salon, hosted by the Boulder Writers' Workshop.  I'm attending to see if I can get some guidance on publishing a children's book I wrote years ago and was never able to figure out how to publish since it needed to be an e-book, and I think I was a little ahead of the curve, and it involves some additional merchandise that purchasers could also buy.  I just had to complicate things!  A young woman I met at that dinner of Eldora residents I attended the first Friday of May suggested this, and since it costs nothing, I'm going to give it a whirl.


We did not get snow last night, but I did have ice on my windshield and in places on the deck this morning...

 I thought this section was so pretty...

And this really is ice on the deck...take my word for it....it's slick...












At least one hummingbird made it through the night.  This little guy...or gal...is so cagey that I've been trying all morning to get a photo, but the least little movement inside the cabin and off it goes, except some of the time it's showing curiosity and actually looking in the window, but I haven't been able to capture that, of course.  I'll get my camera set up, then by the time the bird returns, the camera has gone into repose again and by the time I get it turned on, off the bird flies.  Or I get the camera tethered to the computer and the hummingbird flits in for a drink then flies off again so quickly there is no way to get the photo.  This is as good as it's going to get this morning...































...I'm going to make myself late to the "salon"!  Teddee

No comments:

Post a Comment