Friday, May 4, 2012

My Backyard

I walked The Loop trail today, the first time since last fall.  It was like visiting old friends.  I had no excuses.  The weather was absolutely perfect.  Dixie's owner had not picked her up last night--or at least drove by at 11 p.m. and didn't see her in the yard--I'd gone to bed an hour earlier.  I awoke at 2:30 a.m. and found Dixie huddled up against the deck right in front of the food bowls, protecting them from the fox, I guess, even though they were empty.   So I let her in, gave her three bowls of water, hoisted her up on the bunk where she seemed to sleep soundly the rest of the night and I slept fitfully because the only way I could turn over was to swing my legs over top of her first.  Her owner showed up at 11 a.m. this morning indicating she'd been worried sick and took her home before she left to open her shop so neither was I hampered by a three-legged dog.  And the coast was clear of snow...


Although there were still some very dirty snow drifts in deeply shady areas...


























I attended the get-together of Eldora residents this evening at a restaurant in Nederland.  I found out that it is the first Friday of every month, not every Friday, thank goodness, although I found it totally enjoyable once I forced myself to get ready and go, but it's my bedtime so I'm just going to post a few shots taken along the trail today.  This is my backyard...

























































































































































































Enjoy the walk?  Teddee


No comments:

Post a Comment