Friday, June 8, 2012

Not That Again!

Yes, had to "clean out" the woodshed again this morning....

...I was looking for this...


























...the Weedwacker...

...thank goodness I'd saved the instructions and hadn't yet taken them down to the apartment.  I'm now finding that's an issue.   Although my intent has been to not take anything down there I think I'll need here, I've already determined I've taken the instructions for my cordless drill down by mistake.  I purchased and used this trimmer once last August after I returned from spending July with my brother and his family in Tacoma.  The grasses were chest high when I returned, and although we'd had a much wetter winter and spring in 2011, I don't want to let them get that high again this summer.  Last year I had to assemble the thing and everything was going well until I decided the cutting string didn't look as if it were installed quite right on the spool, tried to straighten it out and ended up with this...

I did all the yard work when I was married, but don't remember ever using one of these trimmers.  I guess we didn't have one.  So I'm unfamiliar with the apparatus.  Luckily I had purchased some additional spools of line, so I think I've installed one of those correctly although the instructions on the back of the spool package include one of those "Oh, by the way" instructional phrases I just hate....

"When replacing the spool make sure that you include spool spring when resembling (I'm sure that's supposed to be reassembling since we'll hope no user, short of a Dick Tracy character, resembles this weed whacker) the new spool.  The spool spring sometimes sticks in the old spool and can be removed easily by slightly prying out with a small flat-headed screwdriver."  

Oh, no.  I have no idea what happened to the old spool.  Maybe it got spit out in the yard when the above happened.  Since the instruction booklet that came with the trimmer makes no mention of the spring, I'm going to see what happens.  Right now I'm charging the battery.


While I had everything out of the woodshed, I pulled out this awful table of which I'd hoped I'd seen the last...

































I had replaced it with a cute rattan table, which, I have to admit, was too low and now has been taken to the apartment, so this is going to get the royal brown paint treatment so it disappears into the wall here at the cabin.


I also got my snow tires tucked away.  They were accumulating rainwater and were becoming a breeding ground for mosquitoes, which are bad enough with my help.  I sure wish they had bagged each tire individually instead of putting two to a bag.  With my bad arm it was a bit of a struggle to get these into the woodshed.




















There were quite a few things in the woodshed that I wanted to take to down to the apartment, so those are now loaded into the car.  I don't think I'm making a run down today, though.  I didn't feel well yesterday...had another one of those days when I felt as if I were getting the flu..and was so glad I was no longer working and could just rest.  I don't know whether it was the weather...we had clouds to the right of us and clouds to the left of us...








...and it felt as if the barometer was really down.  The temperature dropped precipitously about mid-morning, I think it was, but we didn't get any rain.  I do think they have been having very unsettled weather in Denver and environs, including tornadoes.  Today I feel as if someone had been jumping up and down on my lower back.  I suppose this could all be the residual effects of turning myself into a human torpedo, but it's been three weeks.  I did make a follow-up appointment for next week, as advised by the urgent care doctor, just to see if there are any exercises I can do for this arm and I may mention the back pain.  I suppose if the rest of my injuries are keeping pace with my black eye, I'm just not quite there yet...


Well I polished off my second library book yesterday while I was being lazy, so am heading down to get a couple of replacements and some ice for the cooler.  It's almost 80F degrees today and very sunny.  More later...Teddee

No comments:

Post a Comment