Sunday, June 17, 2012

Escape to the City

NOAA is predicting 40 mph wind gusts for Eldora, and it feels as if they are stronger than that already, so I'm taking my very loaded car to the apartment in Boulder and after unloading will plan to stay overnight.  One of the items in my car is this foam mattress...


...which is going to have to suffice for a bed at the new digs for the time being.  The original offer of a double bed from a cabin here in Eldora whose owners were replacing it with a queen evaporated when they decided to put it in their guest bedroom in their Boulder home.  So, I'm taking bed linens, pillow, etc. and will try to turn this baby into a passable bed for the near future.

Much of the rest of this is dirty laundry.  I feel like a college student in reverse.  I'd been putting off doing laundry until the good old S.S. check came through and probably have $20 worth even with the slightly less expensive coin machines at the apartment building.  It will be nice to be able to do other chores upstairs in the apartment simultaneously.

This coming week I'm going to concentrate on removing everything from the storage unit I have in Boulder.  That's going to be a challenge with this bum arm, but I'm taking a little step stool that will give me another ten inches in height, so I won't have to lift things up so high.  We'll see how it goes.  My plan to is to take boxes back to the apartment and sort through them there.  I'm going to see if the apartment management has any objections to my putting any rejects in the common room for other residents to pick over if they want.  The idea is just to get out from under the monthly rent at Boulder Bins so I can give it to Boulder Housing Partners.  The shell game.

I've got everything battened down here so it won't blow away, I've given Vixen her "last breakfast" and I'll be off line for at least a couple of days.  More later.  Teddee

No comments:

Post a Comment