Wednesday, June 27, 2012

Fires to the Right of Us...

No matter where you live, you no doubt are getting some news coverage now of Colorado's numerous wildfires.  So far, we are OK here in Eldora and, in fact, had just a bit of rain late yesterday and last night.  Things don't look or feel quite as crispy as they did yesterday morning.


Although the fire in Colorado Springs seems to be the worst right now, there was a fire in Estes Park on Saturday...that's about 46 miles north of the cabin...and there is one in south Boulder as well.


Because I left my camera power cord at the apartment, I am still unable to post any photos, but just wanted my few (buy loyal) readers apprised of the situation here.


I have had a very productive few days here at the cabin and will just wait until I can post photos to provide any detail.  The high point was that I was able to get the glass out of the hutch doors so was able to rectify my painting error and the secretary is all assembled and fully stocked.  I did many other chores here and, although it appears my sister and her husband are not coming to vacation in the cabin in July, may not come at all or may not come until August, if they walked in today, they would be able to deal with the current situation nicely.  There are still a number of things I'd like to do before they come, but the weather has cooled off just a little...it's only going to be 94F degrees in Boulder today...and I'm going to take another load of things down to the apartment and then try to make myself go to the storage and bring out at least one more load to sort through.  What fun.  At least my erratic energy level seems to be way up so I'm striking while the iron is hot.


I'll leave you with this photo from last June...


























Think cool and wet.  More later, Teddee

No comments:

Post a Comment