Saturday, August 11, 2012

Excitement!

I was so relieved that I wasn't facing perhaps thousands of dollars in car repairs (which would have meant parking the old gal and taking the bus) that I decided to take advantage of Goodwill's 50% off Saturday today.  

I didn't get to the Boulder store until about noon, which is one way of curtailing how much I buy, and I went with the full and rational intention of purchasing a practical vacuum cleaner.  However, as happened two weeks ago, I blew the budget on other things before I even got to the vacuums.  Additionally, after plugging in at least six different machines, I convinced myself none of them had ample suction, they were absolutely grody, and, of course, had no instruction manuals (something I might need for the newer varieties with no bags and the Hepa filters) and I could wait another two weeks.  

Actually it will be another five weeks before the next S.S. check comes so I'll have to hunker down and go into hibernation again, but I sure had fun for $16.

I had been wanting a waste basket for the computer desk area and found this....


Doesn't look very exciting does it?  Well, just wait.  I paid half of $4.99.  I think you can almost see the price below...



OK.  Here comes the amazing part...























...Can you believe this original price?  Hey, retailers.  Get real!  This country needs a recession!

I also got the following...


No, I'm not replacing the other shower caddy I got when I first moved into the apartment.  I'll hang this one in the shower area at the other end of the tub so I can get more of the lotions and potions up off the tub.  I've done this in other places I've lived and it really helps store bath items you may not use every time you shower but often enough you want them readily available.

Oh, and the potato masher...well all of my kitchen stuff is in storage back in Missouri so I've been buying kitchen utensils at Goodwill along the way.  I decided it was time for a potato masher because on Friday our free produce included huge amounts of potatoes....I mean bags and bags...

As a general rule I'm not a big potato eater, but I figure by the time September 12 rolls around, I'll be eating a lot of these babies in a variety of ways including mashed.  Oh, those two things cost me a total of $1.50.

What else?  This snappy tote.  How much more "in" can you get?  Orange and polka dots.  It was $2.50 on sale.


And this loverly pillow....


...another $4.99 item on sale for $2.50...






















I seem to have kind of an Indian vibe going on out on the balcony so thought this would be a nice addition.  If I change my mind it could just as easily go in the bedroom or even at the cabin.  

Here are the fabrics I've been accumulating to use out on the balcony if I get that project accomplished before it gets so cold that I can't enjoy it...


...the latest addition is the piece in the foreground, which I bought today for $2 on sale.

And, finally, after I checked out, I spotted this little lot of silk flowers flung into an otherwise empty cart at the end of the check-out stand....


























These are not only "my colors," but fairly high quality and silk flowers are one thing I'm snobby about.  The cheap ones are awful. The store manager let me have these for 49 cents.  I'll make a little nosegay to use somewhere.

I promised a shot of Kooky the Pomeranian and here it is...

Boy is it out of focus.  I was only able to get this one and was too close.  Every time I got him situated and bent down with the camera he thought I had a dog biscuit and there went the shot.  

A lot of residents carry around treats just for Kooky.  Did I mention that one man even keeps some in his mail box so if Olive and Kooky are sitting in the lobby when he comes down for his mail he can produce?  And Kooky knows who has the goods.  I talked a man into holding the dog biscuit he had for Kooky up above him and quickly snapped this and didn't realize until I looked at the photo on the computer that I'd included my own knee and the man's feet, so really had to crop this.  I'll get a better one next week after his appointment with the groomer.

I see I'm color coordinating again.  Kooky matches my decor!  More later....Teddee

No comments:

Post a Comment