Wednesday, September 26, 2012

The Color of Fall

I went to the cabin last Saturday afternoon just for an overnight.  NOAA was predicting a week of rain for both Boulder and the high country.  I thought if I wanted to get any photos of the aspens in full fall regalia I'd better make a quick trip up.  

By Sunday afternoon I had taken two walks and 127 photos.  Having read the latest Vanity Fair from cover to cover and finished this book (If you haven't read it, I highly recommend it.  Filming of a movie based on the book and starring Jeremy Irons, started this spring.  I will go see this one),



I couldn't wait to get back to the computer to see what I'd actually captured on film.  I spent almost three hours editing photos.  Here are a few...






















I snapped this just about two blocks west of the cabin.  The "leaf peepers" were parked almost bumper-to-bumper along the south side of Eldorado, the street on which the cabin is located, when I returned from Sunday's walk.  This was the eye-catcher...


The locals hate anything that brings more traffic to Eldora, so now I can't decide if I'm a local or a "leaf peeper"!  

Someone had even driven as far in as they could on the access road along the south side of the creek, usually used only by residents, and parked just a few feet from one of my favorite photography subjects...





























this old rusty mining auger...


I guess, based on the way this made me feel, I consider myself a local!

Join me on my favorite walk...





Not everything colorful is up...




 

One stalwart harebell hanging in...



At least this "peeper" came by un-motorized conveyance...




















It was so dry earlier in the year that there are few rose hips...

...no rose hip syrup for gifts this Christmas.  Remember last fall?...


I love the way decades of heavy Rocky Mountain snows have, gently, molded this metal over this boulder like chocolate fondant over nougat...



























Nature's frame...






























That's all for today.  Tomorrow...Fire on the Mountain.  Teddee

No comments:

Post a Comment